Toenail fungus is a problem that everybody hates. Fortunately, because I always take care of my feet, I’ve never got a toenail fungus problem. But, my husband already experienced it once. And He was trying hard to find the best toenail fungus treatment.
Luckily, he managed to find the best toenail fungus treatment. That was before my husband married me. Now, as he knows I write this blog, he wanted to share some ways toenail fungus treatments have that he ever tried.
There are many ways to stop the growth of toenail fungus and resolve these issues. But, in this article, I will just write the proven ways to eliminate fungus on my husband’s feet.
First of all, let us identify what toenail fungus and how to solve this foot problem.
Toenail fungus is a problem in the legs that can happen anytime and anywhere. Typically, this occurs because we do not pay attention to the health of our feet.
The main cause of this problem is of dermatophyte fungi. Additionally, sometimes candida can also be the cause of this foot problem. When the condition of your feet moist and warm, these fungi will begin to grow and make your legs as their habitat.
This fungus infects the toenails more often than fingers. This is because of our legs more often in humid and warm conditions for example when we use shoes with wet socks, and it is usually the time when the fungus begins to grow on our toenails.
Moreover, toenails have less blood flow than fingernails. This makes the immune system is less able to detect the presence of fungal infection of the toenails. And our bodies can not stop toenail fungus infections as quickly or even it didn’t stop toenail fungus infection at all.
How You May Got Toenail Fungus
Next, these are some things that can affect fungal infections in toenails:
- Broken toenails because it was never treated is one of the things that cause toenail fungus. Therefore, cut your toenails regularly.
- Live in a humid environment can also be a cause of toenail fungus infection.
- Wearing shoes that make your feet sweating, and it can cause your feet to be wet and humid. Wet and humid feet is developing a good place for fungi that will infect your toenails.
- Have a poor health or suffering from diabetes or psoriasis. Skin cells that affected by psoriasis grow too quickly so as to form patches on the surface of a thick skin and a reddish or white.
Okay, it was some of the things that cause toenail fungus. You must pay attention to things above to prevent your foot from toenail fungus again.
Next, I would write a toenail fungus treatments that have been tested by my husband. Read and apply what I write so that you can immediately solve the problem in your toenails.
Toenail Fungus Treatments
Below I will write some toe nail fungus tested treatments applied by my husband and helped him eliminate toenail fungus.
1. Toenail Fungus Treatment Using Salt
Attempts to get rid of the fungus in the nails can be quite expensive, either because of the cost to see a doctor or buy medicines in pharmacies.
However, there is a way out which is cheaper and easier to cure fungal nail, by using salt.
Here are tips and easy steps to get rid of toenail fungus using salt:
- Cut toenails to reduce as much as possible the fungus that infected nails. This will help make the salt reach the area affected by the fungus more efficiently.
- Put warm water into the basin for the legs with a water level that is enough to soak your toes. Make sure the water is not too hot so that the foot does not burn.
- Soak your feet in a full basin of warm water.
- Roll a small towel and place it under the heel to make sure all the fingertips can be submerged in water.
- Add 1 cup of hydrogen peroxide into water and then dip a toe into the water.
- Lift the wet toes out of the water and pour grain of salt over your toes. Leave on for about three minutes before re-entering the toes into a basin of water. While your toes are outside the basin with sea salt still clinging to it, add 1 1/2 cups of salt into the water in the basin.
- Put back toes into the water basin and soak it for 30 minutes.
- Lift the toes of the water and dry with a towel. Gently massage feet and toes to help increase blood circulation to the area.
- Apply one or two drops of vinegar onto the infected nail. Avoid wearing shoes or socks. If you must go out, wear sandals or flip-flops.
- Repeat soaking with salt 30 minutes every day or as often as possible until the nail fungus disappears. It is advisable to continue soaking the toes with salt at least once a week to prevent fungal infections come back.
It was the first toenail fungus treatments that you can try at home. Make sure you follow all the steps that I wrote to get maximum results.
2. Toenail Fungus Treatment Using Apple Cider Vinegar
Another way to get rid of toenail fungus is by using an Apple Cider Vinegar. Apple cider vinegar is sufficiently acidic so it can help cure nail fungus infections and stop the spread of the fungus in the toenails. If routinely used, apple vinegar can kill bacteria and fungus in the nails.
Here is the best way to get rid of toenail fungus using apple cider vinegar:
- Mix apple cider vinegar with water. Then, soak your nails in a mixture of apple cider vinegar with water for 30 minutes every day. Afterward, dry the nail until it is completely dry. Repeat every day for a few weeks, so you will notice a significant change.
- Another way is to create an anti-fungal exfoliating scrub by mixing rice flour with a few teaspoons of apple cider vinegar. Apply a paste of this scrub on the nail and surrounding areas and rub gently. Do this several times a week. This natural remedy can also get rid of dead skin cells and keep skin smooth.
Follow the toenail fungus treatment consistently so that you can get maximum results. For those of you who are confused where to buy apple cider vinegar which is great for removing toenail fungus, you can purchase by clicking the button below.
3. Toenail Fungus Treatment Using Tea Tree Oil
This oil has antiseptic function and anti-fungal which to prevent the spread of fungal nail infections. At the same time, tea tree oil can also kill bacteria and fungus. Not only that, this oil is useful to treat various types of other skin infections.
- Here is the way of toenail fungus treatment using tea tree oil:
- Mix a few drops of tea tree oil with a teaspoon of olive oil or coconut oil.
- Use a cotton swab to rub the mixture into contact with nail fungus infection.
- Leave for 10 minutes, then use a toothbrush to gently scrub nails.
- Do this 2-3 times daily until you are completely satisfied with the outcome.
It is the treatment of toenail fungus which is very easy to do. However, not all tea tree oil can be used to get rid of toenail fungus. And tea tree oil which is great for removing toenail fungus is this tea tree oil
4. Toenail Fungus Treatment Using Baking Soda
Who have ever thought that baking soda, a widely known baking ingredient, turns out to be very effective to eliminate toenail fungus? Moreover, the baking soda is beneficial to eliminate the problem of smelly feet.
Here is how to eliminate toenail fungus using baking soda:
- Mix one cup of baking soda, one cup of hydrogen peroxide, and one cup of Epsom salt into four cups of warm water. Combine these materials until completely blended, then add one cup of white vinegar into it.
- Soak your feet in this mixture for about 10 minutes.
- Wash thoroughly with water and dry with a towel until your feet are completely dry.
- Repeat processes at least two times a day for several weeks.
5. Toenail Fungus Treatment Using White Vinegar
White vinegar is one of the best materials for treating nail fungus. That is because white vinegar can cure the infection and helps restore the skin’s pH.
Here is how to get rid of toenail fungus problem using white vinegar:
- Mix white vinegar to taste with warm water with a ratio of 1: 2.
- Soak nails in the water that has been mixed with white vinegar for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse with clean water and dry with a towel until your feet are completely dry.
- Repeat two times a day until the fungus is gone.
Follow the steps above to use the best quality of white vinegar to get the best results.
Note: If your skin becomes irritated, add more water in the mixture and do the processes earlier once every two days.
6. Toenail Fungus Treatment Using Mouthwash
Mouthwash not only can kill bacteria and germs in the mouth but also can kill the fungus in the toenails. This fluid contains several active compounds and alcohol which serves as a powerful antiseptic to eliminate toenail fungus.
Here is how the mouthwash could eliminate toenail fungus effectively:
- Fill a small container with a cleaner mouth, or you can also add the white vinegar.
- Soak feet in the liquid about 30 minutes, then rub nail fungus with a soft hit.
- Rinse and dry the feet thoroughly.
- Repeat this process every one or two days until the infection is completely gone.
It is also an easy way to get rid of toenail fungus. However, you should do this toenail fungus treatment consistently to be able to cure toenail fungus quickly and more efficiently.
Those are six proven ways that you can try to get rid of your toenail fungus problem. Six ways of toenail fungus treatment above is arguably a bit complicated. Do not worry, because there are easier ways to get rid of toenail fungus is by using anti-fungal creams which are sold in the market.
Furthermore, still in this article, I will review anti-fungal cream products have been tried by my husband and some of my friends. This is an honest review which you could make as a guide to choosing a good anti-fungal cream to be used as toenail fungus treatment.
Best Antifungal Cream for Toenail Fungus Treatment
1. Lotil Cream Nail Treatment
Antifungal creams are the best choice in Britannia to cure a variety of fungal infections, especially fungal toenails. Also, to curing toenail fungus infection, this cream can also be used to treat dry and cracked feet. There are many people who use this cream to cure allergies. The anti-fungal cream is also used by the podiatrist to cure athlete’s foot and also used by dermatologists to treat various infections on the skin.
2. Clotrimazole Anti-Fungal Cream
This Antifungal cream is often used to treat various types of problems of infections caused by bacteria and fungi. This is mentioned as the top-selling anti-fungal cream which is also produced by the leading manufacturers in healthcare products. In addition to taking care of the fungal infection, this cream also can smooth your feet. These creams are sold at low prices and very safe to use.
3. Lotrimin Antifungal Cream
Antifungal creams are being advertised as the best cure for athlete’s foot. However, this cream can also be used as a cure toenail fungus infection. This product is one of the antifungal creams which is very popular and easy to find in stores. This cream can cure toenail fungus quickly and effectively.
Those are three best products to cure toenail fungus. My husband highly recommends to buy the second product because it helped him to cure fungal infection on his feet.
And that’s all I can share about Toenail Fungus. I hope this article could give you a lot of useful information. If you have any question or feedback, feel free to fill in the comment section below.
Thanks for visiting my humble blog!