This post will discuss about foot bunion. The ailment on the feet that make everyone suffer from them feel pain when we do our daily activities.
This problem is what has been successfully passed by my brother in law, Ivan. Although the name is quite rarely to hear but once you suffer from this foot problem, you will never forget how the pain absolutely disrupt your daily activity.
And in this article, I will discuss all things related to bunions starting from what is bunion to the best way to treat a bunion. Some ways of treatment which I will write here will really work because it is based on the experience of my brother in law and based on the advice of experts.
So, for those of you who suffer from foot bunion, you should read this article until the end. First, let’s talk about what is a foot bunion. Check it out below!
What is Foot Bunion?
A bunion is a deformity of the big toe. This deformity occurs when there is a growing bone under the big toe that causes the big toe pushed forward and sideways towards the other toes. Because of these conditions, when we walk we will feel tremendous pain.
A bunion is a progressive problem. Starting with the toes slightly tilted, which then gradually will change the angle of the bones, after many years will produce a lump, which is becoming increasingly prominent. This eventually causes discomfort and pain. The skin over the lump may become red and blistered, and there will appear a bag of fluid which can develop under the skin on the side of the joint, causing great pain due to inflammation. This is known as bursitis.
Not all people who suffer bunion experiencing some specific symptoms. However, those who report, stating that the symptoms are pain that is the direct result of the pressure on the foot when walking. In most cases, the pain will disappear when the person is resting. The pain is described similar to the pain caused by a condition called gout. Gout is similar to a bunion because both cause a widening of the big toe. However, in gout, when the swelling-shrinking, big toe back to normal size. In the case of a bunion, although swelling of the leg will gradually shrink, the big toe has been malformed. This happens because of the widening of the bones in the big toe.
What Causes Bunion on Your Feet
Until now there is no definite cause of the bunion. Even when my husband’s brother went to a doctor to treat a bunion on his leg which is severe, doctors can not say what the exact cause is. Therefore, I apologize for not being able to give you information on how to avoid bunions. But, here I have some information about some of the factors that may cause bunion on your feet.
Due to the main causes of a bunion is not yet known, this abnormality is expected due to genetic factors, which means this abnormality derived from parents. Hereditary factors causing instability in the joints metatarsal and imbalances in muscles that leads to deformity.
One of the interesting facts about bunion is that most of the bunion sufferers are women. In fact, studies have found that this condition occurs about ten times more often in women than in men.
From this result, it is estimated that the use of shoes to be one factor that causes the bunion.
Narrow shoes and high heels which are often used women, in fact, increase the risk of bunions. Research also shows that bunion is more common among people who wear shoes than those who chose to be more often walking without wearing a shoe.
Trauma can also become the cause of bunion if the trauma is not treated properly. So, if you have an accident that results in injury to your feet, you better go to the hospital immediately or go to the doctor to cure this foot problem.
In addition to the use of shoes, women also have a higher risk of suffering from bunions than men because there are more women who become a ballet dancer than men. So, if ballet is your hobby or your profession, then you should be more careful.
Some Traditional Ways to Treat Bunion
There are several traditional ways that you can do to resolve the problem which become the cause of this pain in your feet, this way you can try but this may cause pain and disrupt you from enjoying your day. However, these ways still worth to try.
1. Walking Barefoot. Either because of inherited tendency to develop a bunion from one of your parents or due to wearing tight shoes for a long time, spend as much time as possible to walk bare feet may prevent and even cure bunion. Walking barefoot may strengthen your leg muscles and help your bones back into a natural position.
However, if the bunion enlarges and becomes very painful, walking bare feet will actually worsen the situation. If this is the case, walk barefoot on the floor with a thick carpet.
2. Doing a Foot Exercise. Exercise can help slow or even stop the progression of the bunion, thus preventing the need for surgery. Try the following exercises every day, especially after removing your shoes:
- Stretch the thumb. Use fingers to pull the thumb to the correct position along with your other fingers.
- Stretch your toes. Navigate in a straight forward for 10 seconds, then bend down for 10 seconds. Repeat this movement several times.
- Flex your toes. Tap your toes to the floor or wall to buckle backward. Hold for 10 seconds, then straighten. Repeat this movement several times.
- Pinch an object with your toes. Try taking a piece of clothing or a towel with your toes, remove, and then take it again.
3. Consider to Undergo Bunions Surgery. For the last way to treat bunions in the traditional way, you can consider surgery to remove bunions, scrape the bones grow in the thumb, and straighten the thumb with the other fingers.
There are several options to perform the operation bunionektomi. Do some research with your doctor to find the best option for you. Surgery usually help treat a bunion, but does not guarantee you will be completely free of pain, or your thumb will seem completely straight. Another thing to consider is that you will feel pain after doing bunions surgery.
Bunions surgery is considered to be the only cure for a bunion. But, that’s on the traditional way. Keep reading to find new ways to treat bunions without pain, even you can do a treatment while you’re sleeping!
5 Ways to Treat Bunion While You Are Sleeping
It may be hard to imagine that out there is no way to treat a bunion while you’re sleeping. This is not a nonsense, treatment without pain and without disturbing your days are real by using some of the products that I recommend below. Using these methods of treatment can actually fix your abnormalities on your big toe, even without the need for surgery which could make you afraid only by reading from what I wrote above.
So, here are five ways to treat bunions while you are sleeping!
1. Using Bunion Socks
By using specially designed socks for treating abnormalities in your feet, you can perform the treatment while you are asleep. By using this treatment, you will not feel the pain that you may feel when you perform traditional treatments that I wrote above.
Here are recommended socks for treating bunion!
Flesser Yoga Sports GYM Five Toe Separator Socks Alignment Pain Health Massage Socks
The first product is Flesser Yoga Sports GYM Five Toe Separator Socks Alignment Pain Health Massage Socks. This product is made from cotton that feels comfortable and cool when you wear it. Socks is suitable for use by women who have been wearing high heels for hours. By using these socks at night before you sleep, you will fix the shape your toes while you are sleeping.
- Easy to slow down your big toe or bunion developing, Good care for your feet after long high heels wearing
- By wearing toe socks can be well separated from the toes to prevent cross infections between the toes
- Good elasticity, Breathable
- The fabric lost it’s softness after washing it for several times
- Isn’t thick enough for some people
Sockwell Women’s Sport Ease Bunion Relief Socks
The next product is Sockwell Women’s Sport Ease Bunion Relief Socks. These products are manufactured using high quality materials such as merino wool, bamboo rayon, and nylon stretch of the highest quality that will make you comfortable to use it when you are sleeping or even when you are working. This Sock also comes with a very attractive design, especially for women.
- 34% Merino Wool, 34% Bamboo Rayon, 28% Stretch Nylon, 4% Spandex
- Made in US
- A separate cushioned toe minimizes uncomfortable friction and encourages space between the big toe and second toe
- Seamless toe closure with no irritating toe seam
- Protective lightweight cushioned pads surround the toe
- Arch support offers a comfort fit and helps keep the sock In place
- Sometimes make your feet sweat
- Quite expensive for a pair of sock
- Designed just for women, although it can be used by men
2. Using Bunion Bootie
In addition to using socks as I wrote above, you can also treating the problem on your toes using bootie which is designed specifically to restore the shape of your toes as its initial form.
And this is the product that I recommend for you to try.
By looking at the design, we can already see that this product is made to cure abnormalities in the shape of the big toe. This product is believed to cure bunion without surgery or any treatment. So, you only need this bootie to solve the problem in your feet that you are experiencing at this time.
This product is made to treat, protect, correct, and make you comfortable. This product is also believed to be more effective for the treatment of bunions than using socks that I wrote before.
- The complete non-surgical treatment for bunions pain and discomfort
- Ultra-thin barrier (only 0.4mm thick) to help protect against blisters, rubbing, & redness
- 100% made of a soft flexible material
- Material is too thin comparing to socks
3. Using Bunion Separator
Bunion Separator is another product that you can use for a painless treatment that you can do while you are sleeping. This product can restore the original shape of your feet as quickly and using this product is also recommended by doctors for those of you who want to do the treatment at home.
Below is a Bunion Separator products used by my husband’s brother to cure his bunions problem.
DR ROGO Bunion Relief
This product is made for simplicity in its use. You only need to clamp this product with your toes. This product was made from DR ROGO’s special medical-grade gel which is can only found on DR ROGO’s products.
You will feel comfortable using this product while you sleep. And when you wake up, you’ll immediately see the difference on your the big toe.
- Made with dr rogo”s one of a kind durable medical-grade gel.
- Simple to use with no discomfort and you can wear it together with shoes boots etc.
- You will need a sock over this to hold it in place
- Difficult to use at the time of first use
4. Using Bunion Pad
Another way that you can try is to use pads. This method of treatment is suitable for you who wants comfort in the treatment process. And this is a product that I recommend for you to try.
Bunion Protector and Detox Sleeve with EuroNatural Gel
This product has a soft gel padding which is placed in the area of the bunion. With the soft pads, you will not feel pain and will still feel comfortable when you perform the treatment while you are sleeping.
This is made from a flexible material which will be suitable for any size of feet.
- TARGETED CUSHIONING
- Helps ease the discomfort, pressure, and inflammation caused by bunions
- Made of super stretchy material to accommodate almost any foot size
- People with diabetes suggest not to use it
- You will need a sock over this to hold it in place
Those are some ways you can try to cure the problem on your feet. If the bunion on your feet does not heal after you try a variety of ways that I write here, I suggest you to see your doctor and try to perform bunion treatment by doing surgery.
If you have any questions, please write via the comment section below this article. Or you can also contact me directly via the contact page on this blog.
Thanks for visiting my blog and I hope this article can help you to treat your bunion easily and properly. See you on the next article!